Apple launched their latest phones iPhone 6s and iPhones 6s Plus in India. The devices become the fastest ever iPhones rolling out in India, as US launching happens days before. Earlier iPhone models take months to reach Asian countries like India. iPhones fans, who all want to be amongst the first to own the devices, were queued outside the Apple retail shops in cities like Mumbai and New Delhi to buy their devices. Pre-booking of the phones were started weeks ago and no official confirmation about the numbers.
The device is now available across 12,000 retail stores across the country. Also, it is available for online purchase through Amazon, Flipkart as well as Snapdeal.
Apple CEO Tim Cook tweeted on twitter about the launch – “Thanks to all our customers in India who queued at midnight for the new iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus!”
The interesting feature in the phone is none other than the new 3D touch. 3D touch is actually a pressure sensitive screen that can perform different actions dependent on the amount of pressure applied to the screens using our fingers. If we hard press let us view a preview and a normal press enables to view it as usual.
Also, the devices have improved designs. The phone is lighter and sleeker. As Apple said, the cover glass is the strongest in the world. The 12 MP camera in the device is able to shoot 4K videos. Improvements from earlier models include colour accuracy, quicker autofocus, and enhanced low light performance.The front camera is 5MP. When using the front camera, the display will light up and act as flash.
Another feature is the new ‘live photos’ that can capture audio along with your ‘photos’, including frames just before and after the moment you capture. Devices also feature a Touch ID fingerprint scanner that’s twice as fast.
iPhone 6s costs Rs. 62,000/72,000/82,000 for 16GB/64GB/128GB respectively. iPhone 6s Plus costs Rs. 72,000/82,000/92,000 for 16GB/ 64GB/128GB respectively.
iPhone 6S and 6S Plus launched in India: Online offers
iPhone 6S with 10% discount on SBI cards
iPhone 6S Plus with 10% discount on SBI cards
Other iPhone Offers:
- 21% discount for iPhone 6. Save Rs. 16,501 Get the offer
- Extra Rs.1000 off on Apple iPhone 4s & Exchange upto Rs. 5000 Get the offer
- Extra Rs.2,000 off on Apple iPhone 6 (16GB) & Exchange upto Rs. 15000 Get the offer
- Extra Rs.2,500 off on Apple iPhone 6 (64GB) & Exchange upto Rs.20,000 Get the offer
- Extra Rs.2500 off on Apple iPhone 6 Plus(16GB) & Exchange upto Rs.20,000 Get the offer
- Extra Rs.2,000 off on Apple iPhone 5s(16GB) & Exchange upto Rs. 10000 Get the offer
- Apple iPhone 6 (128GB) – Extra 2500 off Get the offer